Our adoption process is quite straight forward and is designed to help you find your perfect new dog or cat.
Before you finalise your decision about adopting please read the ‘Are you ready ?’ information.
We ask everyone who will be living with the dog to come and see the animal that you are interested in – we cannot reserve any animal that you have not been to visit. To get to know each other more we have areas where you can see the animal out of the kennel, on a walk or in the paddock for a run around.
You will initially have a chat with the animals carer to discuss what they are like and so we can find out about your circumstances and experience.
You will be asked to fill out a home visit request form that will give us some extra details about you and your home.
If you have existing dogs we will arrange an introduction before a homecheck is carried out.
- Upon completion of the home visit form, a small deposit of £10 is required to reserve a dog.
- Price ranges between £250 – £350
- All our animals are neutered, microchipped, vaccinated, wormed and health checked. They also come with 4 weeks free Pet Plan insurance.
- Restrictions – for physical and mental well being of our dogs
- Your chosen animal will not be reserved for you if you are going away from home for an extended period within the next few weeks or if you have extensive fencing issues that need resolving
- Young dogs and dogs that have an unknown history will not be rehomed where there are children under the age of 5 years
- Boundaries must be in good repair to a height of 5ft as a minimum
- You must have total control of your garden area – shared access is not acceptable
- If your home is empty for longer than 2 hours a day a puppy under the age 6 months will not be suitable
- We do not rehome where a dog is to be kept outside
- We operate a rehoming radius of approx 50 miles or an hour from DN10 6QJ
The Rehoming Process
A home checker will be in touch within the following week to arrange a convenient date and time to pop out to see you.